General Terms and Conditions and Data Protection
General Terms and Conditions of Trade
Conditions of course admission | General conditions
Conditions of course admission
A bibis course is defined as a set of lessons, the number of which as well as the dates and fees are specified in the respective current bibis programme brochures and information material.
One lesson lasts 45 minutes.
There are no lessons on public holidays.
If the minimum number of 12 enrolments for a course is not met, the class may be cancelled. In this case the fees will be refunded.
Enroling in a bibis course is possible at any time. It has to be done in written form: by sending us a downloadable registration form by letter, fax, email, by completing the online form, or directly in our office.
Registration can be done either in person or by proxy. In the latter case the same terms and conditions apply as if the future participant registered in person.
Payment of Course Fees
The course fees have to be paid on registration.
There are special conditions for intensive courses:
The fees of all booked intensive courses have to be paid in advance on registration, at least two weeks before your course starts. If you pay for several classes in advance, you will get a discount for the second and consecutive classes. Alternatively, you can book and pay each follow-up course individually. In this case the full fee has to be paid before the start of the new class.
If you need a visa, you have to book and pay for at least five courses. For the second and all consecutive courses paid together, you will get a discount.
The course fees do not include books and examination fees. The placement test and additional teaching materials are included.
As an exception you can attend a class for a shorter period than the full length of the course. Please contact the bibis student office beforehand. There they will also inform you on the current weekly rate.
If the registered person cannot participate in the booked class, bibis has to be informed beforehand in written form. The start of a booked course may then be postponed to either the next or a later commencing date, or, if preferred, eventually cancelled.
Certification of Attendance
A certificate of attendance can be issued, if students took part in at least 70 p.c. of their bibis course.
bibis cannot be held liable for the cancellation of any of its services due to superior force, or to any reason which lies outside bibis’s responsibility.
Participating in bibis courses is at the student’s own risk.
bibis does not perform any supervising duties with respect to participants of the courses, not even under-age students.
German Law applies.
Place of jurisdiction is Bielefeld.
Our website may be used without entering personal information.
Please be aware that data transfer via the internet is subject to security risks and, therefore, complete protection against third-party access to transferred data cannot be ensured.
SSL or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content that you send to us as a site operator, our website uses SSL or TLS encryption. Thus, data that you transmit via this website is not accessible by third parties. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the "https://" in the address line of your browser and by the lock icon in the browser line.
Server log files
In server log files, the provider of the website automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
Browser type and browser version
Operating system used
Host name of the accessing machine
Time of server request
None of this data will be merged with other data sources. The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, which allows the processing of data for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures.
Data submitted via the contact form, including your contact details, will be stored in order to process your request and to adequately respond to follow-up questions. This data will not be passed on without your consent.
The data entered in the contact form will be processed exclusively on the basis of your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR). A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. An informal notification by e-mail is sufficient for the revocation. The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Data transmitted via the contact form will remain with us until you ask us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or no longer have a need for data storage. Mandatory legal provisions - in particular, retention periods - remain unaffected.
Some cookies are "session cookies." Such cookies get deleted automatically at the end of your browsing session. Other types of cookies remain on your device until you delete them yourself. Such cookies help us to recognise you when you return to our website.
With a modern web browser, you can monitor the generation of cookies and restrict or prevent the storage of cookies. Many web browsers can be configured to delete all cookies automatically when the program is closed. Disabling cookies may result in a limited functionality of our website.
The generation of cookies, which are necessary for the exercise of electronic communication processes or the provision of certain functions desired by you (e.g. shopping cart), is based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. As the operator of this website, we have a legitimate interest in the storage of cookies to provide our services smoothly and without technical errors. If other cookies are set (e.g. for analysis functions), these are treated separately in this data protection declaration.
Links to other websites
© Copyright 2019 bibis - Educational work of the Bielefeld School Association e.V.
The Data Protection Officers at bibis are:
Bielefelder Schulverein e.V. (bibis)
Ingrid von Löwis
If you have any queries about data protection at bibis, please contact us via e-mail.
We would like to make you aware of the rights afforded to you by the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
You have the following rights:
Right of Access by the Data Subject
- The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed and, that being the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
a) the purposes of the processing;
b) the categories of personal data concerned;
c) the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
d) where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
e) the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
f) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
g) if the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source;
h) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
- If personal data is transferred to a third country or international organisation, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 relating to the transfer.
- The controller shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested by the data subject, the controller may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. If the data subject makes the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested by the data subject, the information shall be provided in a commonly used electronic form.
The right to obtain a copy referred to in Paragraph 3 shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Rectification
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”)
- The data subject shall have the right to request from the controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller shall be obliged to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
a) the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
b) the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1), or point (a) of Article 9(2), and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
c) the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2);
d) the personal data has been unlawfully processed;
e) the personal data has to be erased to comply with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
f) the personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1).
- If the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase it in accordance with Paragraph 1, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data.
- Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply if processing is necessary:
a) to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
b) to comply with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
c) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3);
d) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) in so far as the right referred to in Paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
e) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to Restriction of Processing
- The data subject shall have the right to request from the controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) the restriction of processing if any of the following applies:
a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
b) the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of its use instead;
c) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
d) the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
- Where processing has been restricted under Paragraph 1, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
- A data subject who has obtained restriction of processing pursuant to Paragraph 1 shall be informed by the controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
Notification Obligation Regarding Rectification or Erasure of Personal Data or Restriction of Processing
The controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out in accordance with Article 16, Article 17(1) and Article 18 to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform the data subject about those recipients if the data subject requests it.
Right to Data Portability
- The data subject shall have the right to receive any personal data concerning him or her that he or she has provided to the controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld), in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. The data subject shall also be entitled to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided, where:
a) the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1); and
b) the processing is carried out by automated means.
- In exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant to Paragraph 1, the data subject shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another where technically feasible.
- The exercise of the right referred to in Paragraph 1 of this Article shall be without prejudice to Article 17. That right shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- The right referred to in Paragraph 1 shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Object
- The data subject shall always be entitled to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1), including profiling based on those provisions. The controller (bibis e.V., August-Bebel-Str. 135-145, 33602 Bielefeld) shall no longer process the personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- If personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
- If the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
- At the latest at the time of the first communication with the data subject, the right referred to in Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be explicitly brought to the attention of the data subject and shall be presented clearly and separately from any other information.
- In the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, the data subject may exercise his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
- If personal data is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1), the data subject, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, shall have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning him or her, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You are entitled to file a complaint with your competent data protection authority at any time. If you would like to assert your right to lodge a complaint, you may do so with the following authority:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in Nordrhein-Westfalen:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Telefon: 02 11/384 24-0
Telefax: 02 11/384 24-10